- 1975 Relax Your Mind - Kicking Mule Recordings (LP)
- 1977 American Stranger - Kicking Mule Recordings (LP)
- 1983 Friends and Neighbors - Vest Pocket (cassette and LP)
- 1987 Buckets of Songs - Shanachie (CD)
- 1979 (reissued 2001) - Bright Morning Stars (CD) - Lark's Nest Records ( U.S.) and Slice of Life ( Japan)
- 2005 I Walk the Road Again (CD) – Roaring Stream Records
- 2015 Just For the Love of It (CD) - Lark's Nest Records
With Various Groups:
- 1963 Broadside, Vol. 1 (both solo and with The New World Singers) - Folkways Records (with Bob Dylan, Phil Ochs, Pete Seeger, The Freedom Singers, and others).
- The New World Singers (Happy, Bob Cohen, Gil Turner and Delores Dixon) performed the first recorded version of Blowin' in the Wind, and Happy sang a duet with Dylan on I Will Not Go Down Under the Ground (later recorded as Let Me Die in My Footsteps). These performances were included in the 2000 box set The Best of Broadside (Smithsonian/Folkways).
- 1964 The New World Singers - Atlantic Records (liner notes by Bob Dylan)
- 1966 The Children of Paradise - Columbia Records (single) A rock band featuring Happy and Artie Traum, Eric Kaz and Marc Silber.
- 1972 Mud Acres: Music Among Friends - Rounder Records (reissued on CD 2005) Happy and Artie produced and performed, along with Eric Kaz, Maria Muldaur, Jim Rooney, Bill Keith, John Herald, Lee Berg and Tony Brown.
- 1976 Woodstock Mountains: More Music from Mud Acres - Rounder (LP) with Happy and Artie, Pat Alger, Eric Andersen, Lee Berg, Rory Block, Paul Butterfield, John Herald, Bill Keith, Jim Rooney, Roly Salley, John Sebastian, Paul Siebel and others.
- 1978 Woodstock Mountains Revue: Pretty Lucky - Rounder (LP)
- 1981 Woodstock Mountains Revue: Back to Mud Acres - Rounder (LP)
- 1987 Woodstock Mountains: Music from Mud Acres - Rounder (CD)
- 1990 Bring It On Home, Vol. 1 and 2 - Sony Legacy (CD) The "Best of..." Happy and Artie's WAMC Public Radio show.
- 2000 The Best of Broadside – Smithsonian/Folkways Boxed Set
With Artie Traum:
- 1970 Happy and Artie Traum - Capitol Records (LP)
- 1971 Double Back - Capitol Records (LP)
- 1975 Hard Times in the Country - Rounder Records (reissued as CD in 2005)
- 1994 The Test of Time - Roaring Stream Records (CD)
- 2006 Happy and Artie Traum Live Recordings 1970's and 1980's - Slice of Life Records
Recordings as a back-up musician:
- 1971 Bob Dylan's "Greatest Hits, Vol. 2" - Columbia
Happy recorded three duets with Bob, singing and playing guitar, banjo and bass: "Down in the Flood," "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" and "I Shall Be Released."
- 1971 Allen Ginsberg "Holy Soul Jelly Roll" with Bob Dylan (producer), David Amram, Ed Sanders, et al.
Happy can also be heard on albums with:
Chris Smither, Jerry Jeff Walker, Tom Pacheco, Priscilla Herdman, Pete Seeger, Ronnie Gilbert, Eric Andersen, Rory Block, Maria Muldaur, Peter Tosh, Rick Danko, Levon Helm and many others.